On Jun 16, 2006, at 12:17 PM, Frederick Moir wrote:

General question:- When the head gasket went it leaked a little oil into the cooling system. I have the MB citic acid stuff, but what is best for de-oiling the cooling system?

Hopefully, your oil did not defy the laws of physics and floated to the top (coolant reservoir) where you can mop it up or wash out with soapy water. Dish soap in higher than normal concentrations does a pretty good job on oil and grease. I have used soapy water in the cooling systems of cars that had a particularly bad mess in them. A few fresh water flushes after seemed to get it all out. This works best in a warm engine.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am