Well I need my truck for long distance car hauling. I think its insane to spend that much on a used truck, much less 40k or more for a new one. For the price of an 04 like I am looking at you can buy a hell of a nice s-class, or would be cheaper to buy a nice 99 E300

John Berryman wrote:
I just gotta ask,
What do you guys "need" these huge expensive trucks for? I feel trucks were intended to be used for work. Trucks with back seats cost more to purchase and run, lengthen wheelbase resulting in lousy turning radii and were intended to haul your tools, equipment, materials and work crew.

        I'd like to see a list of truck owners and how each uses it.

        Who wants to head off the list?

        How about a second list for SUVs?
         I'll start that one.

Johnny B. 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo  purchase price: $3,000
I was away from home for 4 months, working and my wife's 300SD was having problems that I couldn't address at that time. We live in the Adirondack Mountains where the Winters are long and hard, the terrain is, ugh, mountainous. Neither one of us cares much for SUVs. The Jeep was purchased as a temporary measure and is now for sale as we intended. We're starting to build a house and plan to buy a small Toyota pick-up (without a back seat) for general material hauling. Larger items will be delivered by the seller or I can borrow a larger truck from any one of many who owe me big favors, if needed. The Toyota truck will also be used for transportation when the circumstances dictate. Our MBs will not be driven through snow,ice and salt if we can help it.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am