Absolutely. And most retailers need your express consent to manually enter your
CC number into the POS/PIN pad. That’s actually a PCI requirement as well, but
I question how often it’s done.

I’ve had cashiers ask me as I’ve got a CC with a bodged up magnetic stripe
which I really need to get replaced.

-D