I am replacing the number 1 injector as it is returning too much fuel.  The hold down nut has a nut on top of the hold down piece using it as a spacer.  This is also the case on #5 and 6. Apparently the bolt does not go all the way into the bore.  I have cleaned out the hole, used a small screwdriver to try and dig out any crud in the bottom of the hole and it seems like it is hitting metal to me (not crud).  Still the bolt will not go in all the way. I am wondering if there is a piece of broke off bolt from a previous repair down in hole, which is why it feels like the screw driver is hitting metal at the bottom.  If its not actually metal and a whole bunch of crud, what is the best way to clean it out?  Small drill bit ran slowly down the bottom?  If its a piece of broken bolt, what about that?  I do not really like the idea of using a nut as a spacer on top of it.