Ran a scan with my new Chinee scan tool and dumped the report. Looks like I may
have a bad yaw sensor, so I bought one off of eBay. They’re cheap, so I figured
it was good insurance. Waiting on the new right rear ABS sensor coming
tomorrow. Popped the bumper off so I could pull the headlights. Some of the
internal headlight wiring had issues with insulation failure and the PO had
attempted to remediate it with pieces of electrical tape. It’s mainly for the
little halogen running light bulbs, of which there is a socket repair kit
available from Mercedes for about $15/each which I’ll order. The driver’s side
wasn’t bad, so I’m leaving it alone, but it also appears to have a bad HID
ballast, as I can’t get a good bulb to light. Made an offer on a used ballast
from my favorite supplier on eBay, should be here mid week for about $30.

Didn’t have the 1/4 covered female spade connectors I needed to prep the
harness in the right side light for the replacement so I’ve got to run out and
get those in the morning. I’ll just clean up the wiring in that headlight and
put some connectors on the harness so installing the repair kit is just a
matter of plugging in the replacement socket.

Left front clearance light assembly is cracked and probably won’t stay in place
permanently. I was able to find the pieces to it and JB Welded it back
together, but they’re cheap and I’ll order a new replacement from the dealer on
Monday as well.

Tittle and everything else are ready to go and I was able to get an appointment
at the tax collector’s office on Monday morning, so after that I’ll be able to
make the car legal and actually drive it.

Tomorrow I’ll get the right headlight sorted and reinstalled along with the
bumper. I’ll have to take it off later next week to replace the left side
ballast and install the new running light harnesses, but I want to be able to
drive the car on Monday, so I’ll put it back together for now.

Interesting aside: PO put some sort of weird Malaysian tires on it I’ve never
heard of. They’re nearly new and in good shape, so I’ll use them for now. That
gives me time to consider trying to find a set of the proper 18” staggered
“sport” wheels or just go with a good set of Michelins on the stock 17” wheels
and call it good.

-D