That's another problem with the charging stations, they all want you to use
their app and have an account set up with your credit card on file with them so
they can bill it and cross-reference it to all the other tracking data they
glean from the spying their app does.

I was reading that some countries are passing laws that you have to be able to
pay at the charging point with a credit card, just like at a gas station.