Hi there folks

This is so unjust. My 1985 300TD has failed its Warrant of Fitness because
the rear hydraulic shock units on the self-levelling suspension are leaking
tiny amounts of fluid. Result: automatic rejection 'cos WOFs cannot be
issued in NZ for vehicles with dodgy shocks.

Now, you tell me: how often would these WOF inspectors detect a leaking gas
shock? I'll tell you. Hardly ever. The two rear gas shocks on my Toyota
Hilux 4WD were filled with nothing but rust and dust . They fell apart when
I replaced them - after the vehicle had survived several WOF inspections,
that is.

Anyway, I'm needing two units to replace mine. Does anyone have a set in
good condition going spare? Part number is A123 320 07 03. My vehicle number
is WDB123190 2F 043108.

Alternatively, I have been quoted half the MB dealer price for a no-star
pair from the manufacturer, parallel-imported into NZ. What's the story
here? How is that the manufacturer sells the units independently like this?

Cheers

Euan

1985 300TD 5-spd manual
201K miles