Tom Hargrave wrote:
Richard,

His may actually have shocks, not the self leveling suspension. I don't know
if MB sold wagons everywhere with the suspension they sold in the states.

Euan,

If you do have conventional gas shocks then they are likely the same parts
as on the sedan. Also, there is no problem with purchasing parts from the
manufacturer. Bilstien shocks are the same quality as the MB branded shocks.

ALL wagons (at least thru the mid 90s) had self leveling suspension! They were NEVER manufactured any other way and there were NO provisions (either springs or shocks) for converting them to conventional suspension. People have tried and NONE of the conversions I know of was considered even tolerable by anyone that had driven a car with the system working as it was designed to work.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)