  Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:27:09 -0400
From: Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT 500 PPM low sulphur  ..
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Curt Raymond wrote:
> The people who run the auto industry and particularly the American
auto industry are morons. Left to their own devices we'd still be driving
"planned obsolescence" '70s clunkers, the ones that were intended to
wear out in a couple years. There'd be no seatbelts, safety glass,
collapsable steering columns, crumple zones or safety devices of any kind.
Leaded gas would be the order of the day and sulpher would be pumped out
of every diesel engine.

Those were precisely the cars the majority of the public BOUGHT!!! So
who's the idiot? The car companies make exactly what they perceive the
public will buy! Sometimes their perception is skewed by the
demographers they hire to tell them what to build.........

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84
190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)

---------------------------------
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Jul 06 23:09:10 2006
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:09:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com

Or rather than ever learn anything from anybody else rather than doing it the
hard way maybe we should just round up anybody who ever complains about our
country being run by halfwits, declare them "Anti-American" and have them shot.

  Oh wait, we're pretty much doing that already.

  I love my country but refusing to admit that doing stuff thats stupid in the
name of some chest thumping patriotism is in itself pretty stupid and
unAmerican.

  -Curt

  Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:18:40 -0500
From: Rich Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Well, the answer to any and all such problems is to outsource US and
state and local government and laws and taxes and regulations and
procedures and and fuel blends and diesel sulfuration and Mobil1 grades
and ALDA settings and whatever else to the Canadians who are smarter
and
know better than us capitalist idiots here in the USA!  Or maybe just
annex ourselves to Canada?  Can we do that?  Will Her Awesome
Magnificence, Her Majesty,  Her Royal Highness the Queen of England and
Wales and all the British Empire allow it?  I for one can't wait!

Or maybe the millions of people clamoring and dying to come to the
idiotic capitalist USA should just keep going right north, where
everything is soooooo much better!

--R

---------------------------------
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Jul 06 23:14:54 2006
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:14:46 -0400
From: Jeff Zedic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] sending guests north

Randy,

You've touched on exactly what the problem is......you see, years ago
there were family sized farms. That family could make a living (barely)
by raising 500 hogs and the waste could be used by other farmers to
spray on their fields. I remember this smell..

Unfortuantely, due to the lowest common denominator consumerism, huge
hog/chicken/beef farms have become the norm and they have 200,000 head
of whichever animal to maintain. And they're doing it on a more
intensive scale...this gives us the problem of LAGOONS of waste seeping
into the groundwater.

Bigger is not better.Now, many families are out of farming and the money
that sustained local economies is transferred to people who can afford
to invest (gamble) on this company.....usually, they don;t give a shit
as long as they get paid....here's the problem....

Ok now, hands up all those that want to work 16 hours a day to just
scrape by doing heavy manual labour.......

Now hands up all those that want to pay more for their food??

I often wonder how much more it would actually be......double edged
sword this......

Jeff Zedic
Big City Guy dealing in abstracts
Toronto