I would like to see a PSA where the systemic efficiency of EV's was modeled,
using plumbing.  Specifically a water analog starting with a large tank
representing
the generating station, with dripping pipes and joints that represent the
efficiency
of the transmission and distribution losses, and a leaky filler hose that
represented
the charging efficiency of the EV battery.  And a car that drips representing
the
battery self-discharge rate.

I think the visual image of 'filling' the pseudo-EV using sweating, dripping,
and spraying pipes and nozzles would dismay many of the would-be-smug
proponents, and ought to go a long way towards tempering the unjustified
exuberance that faction currently has.

A nice avuncular voice-over starting out: "Imagine if we could SEE the electrons
we are using to fuel our nationwide EV fleet..."

I believe our grid is something like 50% efficient, leaving out all the ills of
batteries.
This will NOT be a dry demonstration!

-- Jim