I have this 98 e320 that I have had for a while. A guy in town said it would
not shift out of first and he replaced the conductor plate. He then drove it
out here in limp mode and I reset it: it was also a little low on fluid. I
topped it off for him but am pretty sure I way overfilled it. After resetting
it, car shifted fine until it was driven about a mile, then starts slipping and
won’t go into gear at all,  no forward or reverse. I bought the car off him and
it has at. I decided to mess with it today. Took it down the road and got
stranded a mile away and had to walk back, brought kid down to help me pull it
back but by then it moved on its own just fine. It’s currently stuck at the end
of the driveway as it would not move again once I got it home. Shortly will
start it and move it into the shop. Could it being too full cause this? Bad
solenoid? I checked the transmission computer and it’s dry. Car only has 150k
on it. Fixing to check codes as it just threw a check engine light but before
it had no codes from what I recall.

Sent from my iPhone