> but I do like the ML and GL for hauling and towing

I like the Dodge 2500 for hauling and towing.  We have two.
Monsters, both of 'em.

The V10 is getting ready to tow our parade float again this year.
I need to get out the Rustoleum again to dab over the freshly-peeled
spots.  That's its worst feature.  (That, and the fuel economy!)

I was in the middle of rigging out the X5 as a tow vehicle when I
got the V10.  I had all the wiring harness goodies, connected, but
never packaged it up properly.  It's all loosely wadded up in the spare
tire well.  I'm not even sure it works as it's still got the Euro trailer
connector on it.  Why continue to screw with it when the V10 is
all ready to go, no muss no fuss?  And you can put people in the
bed, too.

-- Jim