On 7/21/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've found that some mid-eighties Saab's have a radiator hose unit that
accepts a standard VW radiator fan thermo-switch which can also be used to
trigger an electric clutch.   I've been contemplating eventually moving up
to a much larger intercooler, which would  necessitate shifting the
radiator/condenser back and using  an electric fan, so that's been my
preferred means of triggering the aforementioned cooling unit.

Swap in the electric-clutch fan from the 190D 2.2 parts car.

It's there, but not the sensor.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler #22 (216k)
'84 300D (214k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (187K)