I used a coping saw to clean up the broken nubs on the left headlight
in the corner where the mount for the under-light trim strip used to
be, then to remove the matching piece from the donor headlight
assembly.  I started gluing this to the headlight using my favorite:
Shoe Goo.  It'll take awhile to finish this repair, as I can't put all
the necessary glue in place at once.  I used cyanoacrylate glue and
accelerant to tack the piece in place, then started potting.

I also did exactly the same thing to the broken under-light trim
strip, cutting the necessary mounting tab off of the donor strip.
This is also gluing up, and will take a session or two more to finish
gluing.

I had a closer look at the electric fan clutch, and found that it
probably won't work for me.  It's a little deeper, the fan itself is
definitely smaller, and the water pump appears to have a mount for the
clutch on it that isn't there on mine.  So, it won't fit, won't cool,
and requires substantial disassembly to put it on.  Nah!  That still
leaves me with two viable (?) options.

-- Jim