jgiels wrote:
Well I wouldn't say everything was working perfectly though it worked. I have checked the vacuum lines to the ign switch and they are connected.

Another question. Is the steering lock a mechanical lock or is it made from the vacuum? And the 14"mg that should be present be on the brown line to the ign switch?

I am beginning to susspect the vacuum pump is there a way to test the brake vaccum assist?

The steering lock is mechanical - completely unrelated to vacuum.

http://mb.braingears.com/123_DISK2/program/Chassis/46-640.pdf

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)