sounds like its doing what its supposed to. When you turn the key off it allows vacuum thru the key to the shutoff. When you turn the key on, you want the vacuum to bleed off so it releases the shutoff and you can start the engine.

jgiels wrote:

I had the shop fix the steering lock form when they installed the new ignition. I have looking into the slow shut off of the engine. I know there is a leak in the green vacuum line so I have disconnected it. I also disconnected the brown one. So with the mighty vac on the back side of the yellow check valve and the yellow and yellow(with stripe) connected I am able to get 15" of vaccuum, door locks work. When I operate the door locks the vacuum goes down a bit as they operate then recover to 15". When I do the same test with the brown vacuum line connected I do not get the vacuum to recover to 15" it just stays where it goes down to. When I pull a vacuum on the brown line to 15" with the ignition in the OFF POSITION it stays strong for an hour. When I turn the key on the vacuum goes to ZERO and am not able to pull a vacuum on the line. Did the shop reverse the vaccum lines to the ignition switch? Or is this how this system should operate? Can I reverse the lines under the hood without damaging anything?.
TIA Douglas Sherman
1980 300D