To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 1:56 AM
Subject: [MBZ] A/C question

The A/C on my 83 240D has no freon in it. Haven't checked yet whether it has a big leak or whether it was allowed to discharge over a long period of time
by the PO.

Question is: Does running the thing without any freon in the system harm the
compressor?

Also: How much benefit do y'all think I'd get from removing the A/C belt (in terms of fuel mileage and power)? Yes, I mentioned the terms 240D and power
in the same email. Restrain yourselves.

Brian
83 240D