Jim Cathey wrote:

I'd heard somewhere that the circuit detected motor
stall current to shut off, in addition to a timeout, but I've really
seen no sign of such circuitry.  Unless the one big power resistor is
hooked into the ground side of the bridge.  Oh well...

In later Hirshmann circuits, the motor stalls when it hits the limit (or excessive resistance) and then the time-out circuit eventually shuts off the drive to the motor at 12-15 sec (I don't recall the precise number but it's more than 10 sec).

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)