True ---

On 8/11/06, David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK Don wrote:
> A firewall that only allows outbound connections fixes that --

Not really.  I've seen machines behind such firewalls completely choked
up with spyware, either from users installing stuff they downloaded or
from rogue websites taking advantage of IE vulnerabilities.  Once the
spyware is on the machine, of course, it can make all the outgoing
connections it wants...say, to an IRC server where some hacker is
waiting to tell it what to do.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, I don't consider any Windows machine
with a web browser on it completely secure.