Potter, Tom E wrote:
> They mowed the grass on your runways. Hell, here in Texas we keep it
> short with the prop.
>
> I thought all grass strips had the power line at one end and 80-foot
> trees at the other. Again, this IS Texas.

Ours had a power line and trees at one end, and dropped off into a swamp
at the other.

When there was a new guy handling operations at the field, some of the
older glider pilots liked to drop low on final and fly over the swamp,
then up the hill to the runway in ground effect.  From the ops cart they
would disappear completely for a few seconds.  Never failed to get a
strong reaction.