Curt Raymond wrote:

> SO my conclusion is that I must have had an aged fuse

Your wiring may vary, but my 116 kills all gauges when I activate
the shorted out kickdown circuit. If I'd done a better prepurchase
inspection, I would have noticed a 25amp fuse where an 8amp belonged.
The kickdown can blow a 25amp, as I discovered before I got the
car home. Good thing there was a pack of 25A fuses in the fuse box.
Looking back on it, I can't believe I didn't think to take a handful
of Saab fuses with me when I picked it up 2 million meters from home.