To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 4:22 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Lane change signals/soooo much trouble

Mike

On 9/25/06, Zoltan Finks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wow. That is harsh. BUT I can see your side too - you cannot do your
job because people in cars will simply not let you in. What can you do
besides inch over? That sounds like the good compromise. Now, those
who will intentionally "ditch" people, I just can't see that.

Also:

Your theory assumes that someone is just sort of cruising and holding
their position behind or infront of your rear bumper. What if they are
advancing at a speed greater than yours, and will make their way past
you in a timely fashion (again, opinion enters in) but they are
technically behind your bumper when you put on your signal. You would
require them to lean on the brakes and let you over?

Brian

Robert wrote:

When driving big trucks, I follow the letter of the law, anyone whose

front bumper is past my rear bumper when I hit the signal, I let them go
by, anyone whose front bumper is behind my rear bumper when I hit the
signal is required to let me in, so it's 500 ft down the highway with
the blinker on and anyone who was behind the bumper when I hit the
signal, better get out of the way, because I'm coming over.