Easy done but I am of the view that I keep the original one in there and manually adjust it as I need it, the one on my 230E does not work because it needs a rebuild so I put it up 3/4 of the way and stuck Christmas tinsel on it.....Ho Ho Ho...... but beware this is the heavy duty antenna and not the pissy thin one. BTW the missus loves the tinsle because she can find the car easier in the car parks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:43 AM
Subject: [MBZ] Keeping it simple with antenna

Has anyone decided to replace their electric antenna with a fixed one?

I would have no problem giving up the countless benefits of the retractable
antenna.

Currently antenna is broken off, and I don't know if the electric motor
works or not. I'd rather not deal with it, as I don't see the benefit. Heck,
I could save that vehicle weight.

Any success stories?

Brian
83 240D