http://www.murphyauctions.net/degerstrom.html
CUMMINS 6BT-5.9-GC genset, 4 cyl gas, 60Hz @ 1800 rpm

If it's a 6BT, it's a six cylinder diesel. Could easily power
several drafty electric heated houses like Jimbo's.

I _am_ sick!  Due to our e-mail being out I nearly missed this
entirely.  It's just down the road from me, too.  Probably just
as well if I don't go!

A 6BT is a 6-cylinder, I've never heard of a gas version.  (The
Hercules in my genset was available in gas, lpg, and diesel.
Same bottom end, different head and fueling arrangements.)
The T is for turbo.  I would think that a genset would probably
have a 4B in it, unless quite large.  "Just one little peek,
honey, to satisfy the guys..."

-- Jim