From: Zoltan Finks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 10/17/06 02:14 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT E85 Use
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Actually, I don't think that a diesel nozzle will fit into the unleaded
car's filler inlet - the nozzle is too big, just as the unleaded nozzle
necks down a mm or 2 in diameter, and the car's little flapper-door hole
is proportionately smaller too, so that the leaded nozzle wouldn't fit.

This is the type of measures that they took to prevent people from
putting
in the wrong fuel, and the lack of this is what i'm asking about with
E85.
If using it in the wrong vehicle could cause such problems, you'd think
they'd take measures to counter human error. Just curious here, if I'm
allowed to be.

Maybe the fuel industry is in cahoots with mechanics and tow truck
companies.

As for the actual reason that leaded "shouldn't" go into an unleaded
vehicle, that's another issue (apparently a hot one for some).

Brian

David wrote:

There's nothing really stopping you from putting gasoline in your diesel
car, or diesel in your gasoline car, except common sense.