I vote for doing it all at once. I seem to remember having to drop the
exhaust - then it's not that hard to do the rest - assuming the center
nut isn't seized along with the slip joint. My slip joints have all
slid just fine without touching the nut, so I don't have any words of
wisdom there. You shouldn't have to think about the drive shaft again
once you're done.