Jim wrote:<< That sounds like a problem internal to the GP relay.  These
things are
likely NOS, not new-new, and the timing capacitor >>

Hi Jim,
   Need your expertise one more time --
   I just checked the wiring and GPs by testing the resistance between the
plug at the relay and the engine.  I removed the plug and put the pos lead
in the plug and the neg against the engine block - got a reading of .4 on
all 5 -

   Does that mean my wiring *&* the GPs is good or do I have to remove the
GPs?

   Also - assuming the wiring and GPs are good - I guess that means the
relay is bad?

Thanks again for your help  - and, changing the relay is gonna be a *whole*
lot easier than changing the wires or GP's! ;-)  (if that's what is
indicated as being bad)

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/
.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Cathey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>