Now that I have completed a strech of working 30 of the last 36 nights
(refueling outages are busy times at the old nuke plant), I believe I need to
politely asking Mr. Jim Friesen for an in the garage lesson on valve adjusting.
Before I do my engine needs a good cleaning to prevent stern finger wagging. It
appears sometime after I didi the power steering PM (purge, swap to M1 ATF,
change filter) the seemingly good cap gasket partly failed spewing fluid all
over. Of course the fluid acted as a dirt magnet...and the fluid, having been
soaked into the hood pad, is now in the process of eating it away.
What have we collectively decided is the best stuff to use? Do we do it cold or
at temp? Car wash pressure or garden hose?

Donkey Shirts

Bob Rentfro
'77 300D 162K
'87 Acura Legend  178K