Thak you Philip and everyone else who helped me.!

Regards Tom Scordato
1979 240D
----- Original Message ----- From: "Fmiser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D Engine Block Drain Plug

rumor has it that [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Assume engine drain plug has never been removed.

Questions:,
1. Best way to access from above or below?;

Above. It is right near the tail of the starter on OM616 engines

2.  Size of drain plug, looks to be between 17 mm and 20 mm what is
it  please?

It is a 19mm standard hex head plug

3.  Is there rachet extention set combo that will work?

On my OM616s, I can just reach in from under the air cleaner. No extensions necessary!

4.  The drain plug does it need a seal or some thread puddy when you
reinstall it.

I believe it has a sealing washer. I _think_ it's practically the same
size as the one used for the oil pan - but I'm not sure about that...

5.  If it has not been removed will it take a gorrilla from the
Bronz Zoo to  do it?

I have removed many of them, and I don't recall any of them suprising
me about how tight they were...

Anything else you can share please.  Want to flush the right way.

Regards Tom Scordato
1979 240D 104K miles

--      Philip