Now that I think about it - I opened the drain plug on the side of the
block on the 340D last year when I replaced the radiator. It's not one
of the freeze plugs - it's a little lower I believe, and it wasn't all
that hard to remove. I think it had a regular hex head, not an Allen
head.

On 11/24/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Assume engine drain plug has never been removed.

And assuming you're talking about the things of which there
are (potentially) three or so along the waterline of the block.
In one of which the block heater goes, in other words.  It's a
freeze plug, not a drain, in that you can drain more out the
front by removing the water pump housing. --

OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK
"The Americans will always do the right thing... after they've
exhausted all the alternatives."
Sir Winston Churchill
'90 300D, '87 300SDL, '81 240D, '78 450SLC, '97 Ply Grand Voyager