All,

I am putting my car up for sale. The details are listed below, including
information from the data card along with my own personal notes:

1987 Mercedes-Benz 300SDL
VIN: WDBCB25D8HA329743
Mileage: 249,340
Paint Code: 623 [Light Ivory]
Interior Code: 273 [Brazil]

Additional Options:
412 [electric sliding roof with tilting device]
446 [Info Not Available]
461 [instrument with mileage reading and English lettering]
491 [US version]
506 [outside rear view mirror, left and right, heated (right electrically
adjustable)]
519 [radio Mexico Grand Prix, electronic (U.S.A.)]
524 [paint coat preservation]
531 [automatic antenna]
543 [sun visor with vanity mirror, illuminated]
551 [anti-theft warning system]
588 [code 581 and 584]
        581 [automatic climate control]
        584 [electric window lifters (front and rear doors)]
592 [heat-insulating glass, all-around, heated rear window pane, band
filter]
600 [headlamp wiper/washer]
611 [courtesy lamps for front and rear doors]
639 [code 634 and 636]
        634 [elimination of first aid box]
        636 [elimination of warning triangle]
640 [15-hole light alloy rims]
673 [high-capacity battery]
227 [ashtray and cigar lighter in the rear, illuminated]
240 [outside temperature indicator]
241 [left front seat electrically adjustable with memory feature]
242 [right front seat electrically adjustable with memory feature]
807 [change of model year, the last figure shows the new model year]
877 [reading lamp in the rear]

I bought the car as a second owner in March of 2003 with 180,126 miles from
Classic Performance Auto in Raleigh, NC. The original owner purchased the
car in New Bern, NC and the car has been in North Carolina ever since. Since
then, it has been meticulously cared for under my supervision and
exclusively repaired at Classic Performance Auto by the same mechanic.

As some of you may remember, back in December of 2004, the car suffered from
a blown head gasket and a cracked cylinder head. The cylinder head was
replaced with a newer version purchased from Potomac German Auto. Once the
cylinder head arrived, it was sent out to be lightly machined, tested,
magnafluxed, etc. Once the head was prepared and deemed to be in
satisfactory condition, the work was done by Classic Performance Auto. Since
then, the car has performed flawlessly with the newer version cylinder head.

Around February of 2005, the car was involved in a low speed accident in a
shopping center. The Mazda MPV, driven by an underinsured Mexican immigrant,
struck the front passenger side of the car at roughly 15MPH. All of the
resulting damage was localized to the section before the front tire on the
passenger side. The SDL sustained minimal damage, with no damage to the
inside of the engine compartment, hood or uni-body. Damaged parts included
the passenger side headlight, front bumper, and front passenger side fender.
With all of the parts assessed at dealer prices and labor rates estimated at
top dollar, the car was deemed a loss by the insurance company. The car was
fixed immediately following the accident and has performed flawlessly ever
since.

As far as maintenance is concerned, every oil change has been done in 3000
mile intervals and only Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 has been used (with
no snake oil additives). The coolant, air filter, transmission filter, main
fuel filter, inline fuel filter, brake fluid, power steering fluid, power
steering filter have all been changed at regular intervals using German
products and lubricants when available. This includes exclusive use of
Mercedes, Knecht, Mann and Heingst products.

The following maintenance tasks have been performed recently: fuel filter
change (main and inline), transmission filter change and fill, power
steering filter change and fill (with ATF as specified in the book), brake
system flush and bleeding, new thermostat, coolant flush and fill, 6 new
glow plugs.

As far as the mechanical qualities of the car, the engine is a solid
performing 603 motor with no problems at all. The EGR valve has been blocked
by a custom made metal plate and both ARV valves have been disconnected from
the vacuum circuit using a Mercedes 2-way vacuum fitting; a common
performance modification among Mercedes diesel enthusiasts. Of course, the
trap oxidizer was long gone before I purchased the car. The engine uses no
oil as the oil level stays the same for the duration 3000 miles. The engine
leaks no oil except a slight seepage of oil from the bottom seal of the
injection pump.

The transmission is in great shape and shifts flawlessly. The transmission
does not leak any fluid and the filter has been changed at regular
intervals. The kick down switch function works perfect as well. The shifter
linkage bushings were recently changed to provide a firm shift of the gear
selector lever.

Aesthetically, the car is in great shape. Being a 'North Carolina native'
the car has no rust whatsoever. The paint is original and in great shape for
its age, as I routinely wash and wax it with the Mother's brand three step
waxing system. This treatment is accompanied by an occasional clay bar
application, keeping the paint in impeccable shape. The interior is in
overall great shape, with the only exception being the one and only crack in
the leather located on the driver's seat. Otherwise, the leather seats in
the car are soft and pliable due to routine cleaning and conditioning using
Lexol brand products (Leatherique is still a little to expensive for me!).
All vinyl surfaces in the car are cared for with Lexol's Vinylex, as any
Mercedes enthusiast knows never to use ArmorAll on their baby. The dash has
no cracks in it whatsoever; likewise for the Zebrano wood trim, all of which
is in perfect condition with vibrant, un-faded color.

Everything inside and out of the car is functioning properly. All of the
instruments and gadgets inside the car work flawlessly and look great, right
down to the vibrant orange, un-faded gauge needles. The sunroof and antenna
mast work perfectly; recently lubricated with Mercedes sunroof grease and
Hirschmann cleaning pad, respectively. The air conditioning (retrofitted to
R-134a) works perfectly in the blazing North Carolina heat and humidity and
the heat works great on the car as well. The car has been retrofitted with
original Bosch European headlights (with working city lights) and every
single exterior light bulb has been replaced with German wattage bulbs; the
latter of which ensures the functioning cruise control to perform
flawlessly. The car has an overall tight, solid feel; rare in a W126 with
such mileage. In addition, 4 Brand new Michelin MXV-4 Plus tires wrap the
decent condition 15-hole alloy wheels.

Bottom line is I am a Mercedes enthusiast, just like you. I took care of
this car just like an enthusiast would; making sure anything and everything
was done right and in typical Mercedes enthusiast fashion. Everything I
could think of is disclosed here (obviously!); however if you have any
questions, please feel free to email me off list and I will be happy to
answer them. I will try to provide pictures as soon as possible.

Regards,

Tarek Elshenawy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]