I'm sure the last thing a Canadian wants to be called is an American. (We're the imperialistic scum of the earth, don't you know?)

Those in Mexico just aim for US citizenship, and everyone south of that has their own country name.

"American" is just a leftover common term no one else wanted, so we got t because it's easier that saying "Citizen of the United States of America"

There are no "Asians, Africans or Europeans" that designate sovereign citizenship status of a particualr country. (No wonder we're considered such arrogant bastards) Austrailia is the obvious exception, of course.

Fixing up the home? Live Search can help http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmemailtaglinenov06&FORM=WLMTAG