Well I guess not knowing what to call himself would be a good way to tell.........You set yourself up for that one...LOL

US Citizen would be what I say.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher McCann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] AMERIKUNS

I was quite surprised when a Mexican pointed out to me, "Hey, we are Americans too!" So if North and South Americans are Americans, then what are residents of the USA? USA-ers? USers? Users? (that would be Canadians with their pot law! - laugh! no flame!)...Seriously, aside from American, what specifically identifies a USA person?

 CM

Fmiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: rumor has it that [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> <
> and many  Amerikuns call "parking lights">>

I find your continued use of the term "Amerikuns" insulting and
demeaning.  You may think it's oh-so-trendy looking down at the
common herd but I find it a  bit much. I would think that as a
newish contributor to this list, you would  be a bit more
circumspect.

I think it is entirely appropriate to poke fun at the folks in the USA
that think they alone are "Americans".

What about Canada?

And Mexico?

They are both even in _North_ America.  What about all of central and
south America? They should all qualify for the term "American" just as
much as people from Japan, China, Korea, etc. can all be called
"Asian".

America is a _continent_ not a country!!

So if Ernest uses self-imposed miss-label in a less than flattering
fasion, I think it is eminently suitable.

--         Philip, a proud patriot of the USA

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2006 GSD, "Anke"
-1985 300SD, 217K, "Wulf"
-1982 300Dt, 117K, "little blue klatter box"
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, "One Banger"