Hi Bill,
Living up here in Ny in the land of salt and snow the best tip I can suggest is to either wait for the snow and get her to go play in an open parking lot with you to get a feel for it or if you have an old car that can get some red mud on it a greasy,red mud field(I don't know if there are any near you....) seems to be about the same "slickness" to play on.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "BillR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 8:14 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Good feelings

Jim - and others familiar with snow driving: I have kids moving into a mild snow area [Atlanta] from S. Florida, and as I recall driving in sand is not
the same ... I am trying to offer some advice to my daughter. IIRC, one of
the things I used to do that helped a good deal with stopping on icy roads
was to shift into neutral so the rear wheels were not pushing the car and
causing the front wheels to lock up over coming that force.  It has been a
lot of years for me since driving in the frozen wastelands of Western
Indiana, and it is something I have never done with ABS.  Is shifting into
neutral still a good tip with ABS? A bag of cat litter in the trunk is one
I do remember ...
Thanks - BillR
Jacksonville FL
1981 300SD 282k miles