Curt Raymond wrote:
I find this interesting...
The Wal-Mart in Rindge, NH has all the Mobil 1 anybody could want for less than $6/qt. Its cheaper per quart if you buy the 5 quart jugs. IIRC its like $5.80/qt in qt bottles and like $5.20/qt or so in the 5qt jugs. 10w30 is the easiest to get of all in my experience. I picked up a couple quarts last week for my Cub Cadet and Dodge pickup truck. 5w30 and (interestingly) 0w20 are
also very common in north central MA and south central NH where I roam.
15w50 is less common but seems to be on the upswing. I've seen Turbo diesel
truck (5w40) but
not in any quanity. There is a truckstop near my house that has old school
Truck and SUV 5w40 but only a couple quarts.

Remember, NONE of the Mobil 1 xW-30 oils available in the US are Mercedes approved. They are inferior to the Mercedes 229.1 and ACEA A2, A3 standards on several counts including resistance to shearing.

See: http://www.whnet.com/4x4/oil.html

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.