Yeah, I've heard the clutch is quite easy, being right up front there. Does
the radiator have to come out, or any radiator hoses or anything? I don't
spend much time under the hood.

Brian

On 12/15/06, Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Zoltan Finks wrote:

> Makes me think of my current tranny situation in my Saab 900.
>
> I'm having a battle between making the brakes last as long as possible
by
> using the tranny more, and making the clutch last longer by using the
brakes
> more.

Fortunately for you, the clutch is almost as easy to replace as the
brake. You do NEED a special tool to hold the pressure plate compressed.
Used to be able to get it for $20, might be $50 now. It's just a hoop of
metal with a handle on one end. I made a barely acceptable substitute
out
of a chunk of metal brake line. The brake line isn't made of spring
steel
and when you close it down enough to go into the pressure plate it
doesn't want to spring open fully once it gets inside there.

Mitch.