On 12/17/06, David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Zoltan Finks wrote:
what boxes were checked on the order form.  The only way to be
absolutely sure whether a car was ordered as a police package model is
to look at the VIN.

A true P71 will always have black corners around the license frame
under the deck lid. The grille should also be black, but may be body
colored. Never chrome. Even undercover and detectives cars (that I've
seen) have had the black corners.

We have some sneaky precincts in Indiana though, I remember a few
years ago the Bloomington force (huge college town, go IU) had an
undercover Mustang that had a *For Sale* sign in the window. The
Noblesville force has a new Magnum wagon running around and Fishers
has a Charger. So Mopar has been brought back to the table in my neck
of the woods.

The Taurus is a favorite, as well. Some SUV's but those are very rare.
The ones that get me are the little FWD Impala's running around
pretending to be a real cop car. Those are funny.

Ed

--
Knowledge is power... Power Corrupts. Study hard... Be Evil.