on 12/27/06 1:05 PM, Curt Raymond at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QIWu_M-HU
>
> I'm not sure but it looks like a Jetta TDI and it looks like they just dump
> seafoam into the intake... I can't imagine why that new a car would need
> decarboning...

The use of a VERY small amount of water poured into the intake is an
old-time wrench trick for decarbonization. I have actually seen a guy do it
with varsol as well, but let's just say I stood well back. HOwever, I can
confirm the varsol worked like a charm (it was a Mazda gas engine).

VW TDIs from the Gen2 onward do actually have a chronic intake crud
accumulation problem, particularly automatics that never see much highway
use.

mac