I'm pretty sure that the gassers got the headlight wipers standard, but the
diesels had them as an option that no one paid for.

My 92 300D doesn't have them either, and it was bought in Cincinnati.

Question:  if you have them, how do you turn them on?  I test drove one and
looked like an idiot when I couldn't find the switch.