Somebody asked about autotrader.com on the banned list, here is my explaination of the big picture. That should help you when searching for older cars:

OK, here we go.  Trader Publishing Company used to be one big company
that published Autotrader, truck trader, Bargain Post, Boat, Bike, and
RV, Big Truck, Heavy equiment, Harmon Homes, and many many other
magazines.  It was half owned by Cox Enterprises (cox cable,
communication, newspapers, radio etc).  Autotrader.com is/was a seperate
company.  We owned autoextra and automart. Auto extra is mainly a dealer
only deal.  Most of the dealers also cross over their ads into the auto
extra book, which in turn gets posted to the autoextra website.  There
are some cities that sell private party ads into that book but we dont.
  Its a free book that you can pickup just about anywhere.  All of our
autotrader magazine ads etc get posted for free to autotrader.com.  If
the vehicle is 20 years or older, or its something not an auto, it goes
to traderonline.com.  You would go there and click on collector car
trader to find the older vehicles.

Late last year, Cox was thinking about buying the whole thing. As it
turns out, our company split and basically formed 2 new companies. Cox
Auto Trader, which published the automotive titles.  While
autotrader.com is still a seperate company, we do own 89% of it.  We
also own autoextra.com, but as I said, its mainly for dealer listings.
The other new company is called Dominion Enterprises.  They basically
handle the non-automotive titles, and they have the automart site.  I
really do not know much about that one.

To make a long story short, go to autotrader.com to find cars and trucks
that are 20 years a newer, go to traderonline.com to find cars that are
older than 20 years and other non-automotive items.  You can look thru
autoextra.com, but most of the items there will be on autotrader.com or
traderonline.com anyway.

Make sense?

woodlandtaylors wrote:

It is actually one of my cars; she (daughter) transferred from Seattle to
Portland. She now lives at home again when she not off flying....she has the
95 E300D but was using the 300CD while I was servicing her car....hence the
damage. I did a search on autotrader and there are none for sale around here
to use as a comparison. EBay has some currently listed up there in value of
$4K + .........I need to determine if I should get it fixed or not Did list
it on craigslist at $3000 a while back but had no offers....It has 310,000
on it but starts easy and dead reliable. She actually went to Seattle in it
the day after it got run into no issues at all.

Dennis T