-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Hendrik Riessen
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 8:40 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 126 Antenna

OK, you can do the slack thing or you can choose to do this properly. It is
recommended to remove the whole antenna assembly and pull it apart. Water
and dirt gets into the workings. Also there is a little wheel in there that
turns against the plastic winding thingy. What happens is that it stops
turning but the mast will still go up and down, with the end result being
that it develops a flat spot and eventually it does not apply enough
pressure and the antenna will start to stick.
If you service it now you may get away with a good clean and lube job but
once it has this flat spot you will have to buy a repair kit like this
http://www.soundlabsgroup.com.au/c/60-Hirschmann-Parts/Spare+Parts

Hendrik
with only one working antenna out of three Hirschies