You just need to take off the door panel (lift STRAIGHT UP so you don't break the map pocket tabs), take out the regulator (which is the frame that makes the whole thing go up and down) and check it out. There are only a few (3?) bolts on the whole thing, the glass is attached by 2 (one of which is probably broken or fallen out and is in the bottom of the door), put a little wood wedge between the glass and the window frame to hold it up while you remove the regulator). It is quite apparent how to do this if you look at it for a minute. The second time you do all this it will take less than an hour to take it out, fool with it, and put it back. Clean/grease everything while you are in there.

It is a bit fiddly to take out, but comes out/goes in easily. Can't tell from your note if you already have it apart, but that is what you need to do.

--R

Harry Watkins wrote:
A bad place to have a window problem is after you've paid $6 for a car wash,
the green light says, "come one in" and the window goes up in the rear half
only.

It appears there may be a broken attaching point near the front of the
glass.  I was able to pry it back level and there is a bolt nearby what I
think is broken.

Can anyone give me a hint?  The part I am looking at seems to be what the
bottom of the glass is sitting in, or is attached to.

I've got it back up and closed while You guys set me straight.

Harry