How is the horizontal metal piece attached to the glass?  Perhaps if it can
be removed with the glass still in the door, a repair/replacement would be
simple.  There is very little rust inside the door and it appears that the
front mounting tab of the horizontal piece has broken.  With it out, a weld
job may do the trick.

I have only removed the door panel, worked the window back up and disabled
the switch.  The car is still being used while I await the free expert
advice from this list.

Thanks

Harry