Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I saw Pergo in a house that had extreme water damage, it was the
> only wood in the house undamaged... I'm sold on that stuff. The
> other stuff is crap.

They must have improved it since I had it.  In a former house, late
1990s, we had Pergo installed.  Some water was spilled on the floor
and not noticed.  Even though the planks were glued together, the
water soaked into the joints between the planks, and the floor swelled
a little there.  It never went back down after it dried.

Laminate floor has its advantages but you cannot let water stand on it
for any length of time.  I would never use it in a bathroom or
anywhere else likely to see a lot of water.

The manufacturers will tell you it can be installed in a bathroom if
you use waterproof glue and seal the entire perimeter.  I would not do
it unless the planks are guaranteed waterproof (a few are, but most
are not).

Allan
--
1983 300D