We replaced nasty old carpet with Wilsonart laminate flooring a couple
of years ago. It's similar to Formica on Masonite. We have it in every
room in the house. There is no noticeable difference between that in
the bathroom (glued along the joints, but not the outside edges), and
anywhere else. I have scraps that have been left out in the weather
for 12 months, that snap together nicely with samples that have been
kept inside - nice and dry. I don't worry about water on the floor at
all now. It's very hard and scuff resistant. The marks that look like
scratches turn out to be bits of the offending item scrapped off by
the texture of the floor - they clean up readily, and the floor looks
like new. We're very happy with the stuff. So far, it's performed
better than advertised.

Laminate floor has its advantages but you cannot let water stand on it
for any length of time.  I would never use it in a bathroom or
anywhere else likely to see a lot of water.

The manufacturers will tell you it can be installed in a bathroom if
you use waterproof glue and seal the entire perimeter.  I would not do
it unless the planks are guaranteed waterproof (a few are, but most
are not).

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK