Didn't the old Avro Shackleton have a dual prop setup too?  I know the old
Merlin engines had about a 50 gal per hour burn, so in a Lanc, that was 200
gallons per hour. wow!  I think they built them (radial) lose for a reason.
I think Colt built their 1911 .45s that way for similar reasons.  If you
even hear a radial idle on the ground, you think they're going to fall
apart. hee hee

Zeb > air cooled 911 engine, but built a little tighter.  Then again, not as
far to fall if it stops working. :-)