John W. Reames III wrote:

BP uses frelling green hoods on every nozzle since it is their company color or somesuch. I rarely go there especially since they seem to have such slow pumps. (25GPM pumps are a joy to fill up with! I know the larger nozzles can run 60GPM)

Your loss. Here in the East (and as far West as Missouri) where I buy most of my fuel, Amoco/BP #2 diesel consistently delivers 10+% better fuel economy than any other brand! In most locations they do NOT draw from the large area common pool of heating oil, but maintain their own segregated supply (not sure that is still true since ULSD had to be 80% of what is delivered). I don't mind spending several minutes to fill my cars if I must when the fuel I'm putting in them is clearly superior fuel.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)