I like, Rich! I know just how much work old houses can be, but there's
still a charm there you just don't get with new construction.

I can look ath the quality of changes in my house and date pretty
acurately when they were done just be looking at the quality of
materials used and the skill with which they were executed.
Unfortunately, I bought mine from a guy who had a son working at Home
Depot. Many of his "improvements" just didn't meet with the style of
the original.

Only interesting thing I ever found was a 1917 copy of the Taylor
newspaper wrapped around some old terra cotta pots in the crawl space
under the house. No porn :^(

Gary Thompson
Georgetown, TX
1995 E320
1913 Arts and Crafts Bungalow (National Register Easley/Raper Home)