Yes, it is more expensive. That's why nobody (except celebs. I guess) buys
it fresh in bottles. They work out agreements with restaurants and take the
used, waste oil home and filter it and use it (hopefully only after a good
kit has been installed in their vehicle which heats the oil and switches to
and from standard diesel fuel so the thing can start and end on diesel).

Check out the Biodiesel list offered by Okiebenz.

brian

On 1/25/07, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Rory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Actress Mandy Moore was telling Letterman that she had purchased a
> 1982 Mercedes Diesel and converted it to run on Vegetable oil which
> she purchases at Costco in 5 gallon jugs.

I don't get it.  Last time I checked, cooking-grade vegetable oil was
substantially more expensive per gallon than diesel, and she really
needs to be paying fuel tax on it on top of that.  WHY would anyone do
this?  Just for the PC-ness of running a car on bio-fuel?

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230