That 4.0 will sound like the timing chain is gonna sling out of it for another 100K miles....;>)...Fishbowl....I like it....That's funny. I had an 89 Laredo that kept destroying computers until I realized the windshield was leaking water right into it..........Try as I might I couldn't fix that leak.....Not sure where it really was coming from. I traded that Heep for my first Samurai. Good trade.

LOLOLOL

Mike
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] "special bolts" was:300sd FS near Philadelphia

Actually most of the stuff on fishbowl is hex head (thankfully)
Make me an offer ;) It is a good "project jeep"; I don't like the sound of the engine, but it has a GOOD bumper (from custom 4x4 fabrication IIRC) and a Gibson stainless exhaust system... Oh yeah it needs a windshield seal... and a sump pump. (for the interior), and suprise,suprise, the rear wiper doesn't work. It is the part/full time 4wd, but doesn't have the Dana 44 rear. Oh yeah. ABS (feh) but I will throw in another actuator so you can rebuild if needed.

The XJ uses that GM column, btw.

-j.

--
John Reames
1985 300d (223K "Gerta")

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Mike Canfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Those GM tilt columns SUCK to work on!! After working with all sorts of
fasteners I think IMHO the worst to deal with is XJ body Jeep Cherokees with
about 14(not really...) different sizes of Torx head screws and bolts on
EVERYTHING........A little road salt and you might as well forget even the
most simple chores.